Transformers Napkins (Including Generation One Variations)
I know what you’re thinking. An artifact of the week on napkins? Really? Yes. A week ago I wouldn’t have bothered, but I recently found a number of variant Generation One napkins, so I thought it was worth a post.
G1 Luncheon Napkins
I’ve found three different variations on the G1 Luncheon Napkins. I am calling them version one, two, and three, but it’s an arbitrary designation as I really have no idea what order they would have been released in. The differences are described below.
Luncheon Napkins Version One
Luncheon Napkins Version Two
Luncheon Napkins Version Three
I’m going to do this a little bit backwards. Version two and three are almost identical. The only difference is the color of the text on the package insert “16 Luncheon Napkins”. It is white on version two and black on version three. Otherwise version two and three appear identical. There is a slight difference in the shade of blue on the napkins themselves, but that seems more of a printing inconsistency than an actual change.
1. Pink box border goes all the way to the edge of the card.
2. Slightly bolder text “16 Luncheon Napkins”.
3. Text “13.5 In.”.
4. Text “(175.5 SQ. IN.)”
5. Slightly larger text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved”.
6. The blue on the napkin is significantly darker.
7. On the napkin slightly larger text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved”.
Version Two and Three:
1. White Border outside the pink boxes.
2. Slightly less bold text “16 Luncheon Napkins”.
3. Text “13 In.”.
4. Text “(169 SQ. IN.)”
5. Slightly smaller text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved”.
6. The blue on the napkin is significantly lighter.
7. On the napkin slightly smaller text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved”.
G1 Beverage Napkins
On the Beverage Napkins, I’ve only found two variations, and they are not as many changes. As above, I’ll call them arbitrarily version one and two. The differences are described below.
Beverage Napkins Version One
Beverage Napkins Version Two
1. Large barcode.
2. Slightly bolder text “16 Beverage Napkins”.
3. All black text is slightly larger.
4. On the napkin, smaller text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved” and the text is on the left.
1. Small barcode.
2. Slightly less bold text “16 Beverage Napkins”.
3. All black text is slightly smaller.
4. On the napkin, larger text “1984 Hasbro Bradley, Inc. All Rights Reserved” and the text is on the right.
I suspect that there might be a third version of the Beverage Napkins with black text like there is for the Luncheon Napkins, but I don’t have one and couldn’t find a picture of one online.
That’s it for the G1 USA Napkins. Here are the other TF Napkins I have in my collection. Unfortunately, I only took pictures of one side of them.
G1 From Canada
Interestingly, the Canadian packaged napkins are of far better quality and use the box art.
Animated From the UK
Revenge of the Fallen Autobot
Revenge of the Fallen Decepticon
Prime Optimus Prime
Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime
A note on this. You’ll notice that these do not use the Dark of the Moon graphics, but just the “Transformers” design. This is because a lot of merchandise that was planned for release in 2010 as part of the Transformers 2010 line was held and repackaged for Dark of the Moon. The reverse of these do say “Transformers 3” on the label, making them officially a Dark of the Moon item.
Botcon 2007 Hasbro Charities Movie Screening and Awards Party and Concert Autobot
Botcon 2007 Hasbro Charities Movie Screening and Awards Party and Concert Decepticon
These last two napkins were available at the Hasbro Charities screening of Transformers at Botcon 2007 and were also available (I believe, my memory is a little fuzzy) at the Awards Party and Concert that was part of the convention.
Thanks for reading!