Here is some more about my interests. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
I’ve loved the Transformers since I was 8 years old. I started collecting seriously (yes, collecting toys CAN be serious) when I went to college and discovered the Internet. (Yes, children, us old people grew up without the Internet…just don’t ask me how we did it.) Anyway, my favorite Transformer generation is G1 and Optimus Prime is my favorite character. Check out the “My Sites” page for links to my Transformers sites.
I don’t remember when I became a Trekkie exactly. It was somewhere between the second and fourth season on Star Trek: The Next Generation. Whenever it was, it stuck, and before you ask, I love ALL the different series.
I didn’t start reading comic books until I went to college. Now I’m reading about fifty books a month. All are Marvel accept Transformers and Star Trek from IDW. My favorite comic is the Fantastic Four and my favorite character is the Thing.
As if I needed another obsession, in the summer of 2007 I became completely hooked on Harry Potter. I am counting the days to Deathly Hallows Part I, and I plant to be in Florida at LeakyCon 2011 for Part II this summer. I am also a huge fan of Wizard Rock. If you don’t know what that is, Google it. There are hundreds of Wizard Rock bands, singing songs inspired by the Harry Potter books. Many of them tour, so go see a show, if you’re a Potter fan, you won’t regret it.
The Boston Red Sox and The New England Patriots
I am a huge sports fan, baseball and football mostly, though I like Basketball and Hockey too. I live and die with the Red Sox all season long so they can stamp on my heart every fall. Two world championships ARE NOT ENOUGH!
What can I say about the Patriots? They have the greatest coach and greatest quarterback in the history of the game. (Okay, I know a few will argue the former, and some will argue the latter, but that’s what I think and I’m sticking to it.)
I love movies. I see most almost any action/adventure, science fiction, fantasy, and comic book or graphic novel movie that come out and lots of other random ones. I love animated movies. From May through July there is almost a movie every weekend I’ll want to see most years.
My favorite movies are:
1. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
2. Any movie with Star Trek, Transformers, Harry Potter or a Marvel Comics Character* in the title, I won’t bother list them all. (* – From the first Blade movie on…there were some pretty horrible Marvel movies before that.) Sorry, if I tried to put them all in order, I’d just give myself a headache.
- Bull Durham
- Die Hard
- Field of Dreams
- From Hell
- The Hunt for Red October
- Independence Day
- Iron Eagle
- L.A. Confidential
- The Man in the Iron Mask
- National Treasure
- National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
- The Patriot
- The Poseidon Adventure
- The Princess Bride
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- V for Vendetta
- Van Helsing
I watch a lot of television, about 40 shows this season. Chuck, Castle, NCIS, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, and Bones are among my favorite current shows. My favorite show of all time is M*A*S*H.
Well, this may come as a surprise, since I am currently writing a novel, but I really don’t like to read much. I am a much more visual person, I prefer movies, television, and comic books. Most of the time, if I say I “read” a book, if it’s within the past 10 years, it is 99.9% likely that I listened to the audio book.
Here are some of my favorite books:
- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling (As if I had to tell you that.)
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
- The Chronicles of Narnia Series by C.S. Lewis
- The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan
- The Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
- Mudslide! By Penn Mullin (Other than the Chronicles of Narnia, this is the only book I really remember reading when I was a kid.)
- Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli (Nonfiction)
- A Player for a Moment: Notes from Fenway Park by John Hough, Jr. (Nonfiction)
- Seeing It Through by Tony Conigliaro (Nonfiction)
When I was in high school, I started writing Star Trek fanfiction, before I had ever heard the term fanfiction. In college I started writing Transformers fanfiction. You can find those on my sites, but they are god-awful, I can’t even bring myself to go back and look at them, so read at your own risk. More recently, I started writing Harry Potter fanfiction in the fall of 2007. Links to my fanfiction can be found on the “My Writing” page. I am currently working on two YA novels. I’ll try to keep vlogs venting my frustration with that to a minimum. 🙂